To participate in this class, you must have completed an obedience class of any kind (Basic Obedience, Puppy Manners) In Leash Manners and Recall, you will focus on getting your dog more focused on you while out for walks or off leash at the park. You will mainly be working on pulling, forming a heel, creating a solid “come” and impulse control around distractions. This class will be held indoors and outdoors, to really put your pup to then test! You will learn about training tools that can assist you in your loose leash training and what to use to motivate your dog in different situations. *This class is NOT for dogs who suffer from leash reactivity. If you are needing help with reactivity, check out our Reactive Rover class.
- Saturday, March 23, 2024 to April 27, 2024
1:45 pm to 2:45 pm
Skipping March 30th for Easter
- Sunday, March 24, 2024 to April 28, 2024
1:30 pm to 2:30 pm
Skipping March 31st for Easter
- Wednesday, March 28, 2024 to April 25, 2024
8:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Recall Games and Leash Manners
General Training Class Information
What To Bring
- Very high value, soft treats – make sure to cut these into small pea-sized pieces as they will be getting a lot of them!
- If your dog is less treat motivated and more toy motivated bring one or two of your dog’s favorite toys (nothing that squeaks please)
- A front buckle collar, martingale collar, or harness
- 6′ Leash – your dog will remain on leash for the entire class
- Mat – A bath mat with rubber backing works best as it is easily transportable. I got mine at Dollarama.
- Clicker – please click on my blog on clicker training here to learn more.
- Training notebook (optional) – to note details about each training session you have with your dog and track your progress
Rates & Registration
- Five-week session: $150.00 +GST
- Reactive Rover (5 weeks): $180.00 +GST
- Workshops: $55.00 - $75.00 +GST
What Our Wooftopians are Saying...
Wooftopia is our dog’s second home! Milo had attended obedience and trick classes, go to their daycamp regularly, and boarded with one of their staffs. He is very excited going there every time, and everyone we have met there are reliable, professional, and always go above and beyond. I would totally recommend any dog owners to check them out.
I’ve been to Wooftopia for daycare, training, and grooming. I’m always very happy with the service, and my dogs love it here. The staff are very knowledgeable, especially when it comes to behavioural training and helping dogs socialize. Best doggie daycare in Winnipeg!
I know Desiree Klippenstein, owner of Wooftopia, from the work she does with local dog rescue, Manitoba Underdogs. I have come to know her as a tremendous resource. She is a lover of dogs, but more importantly she is experienced and skilled in dealing with all types of dogs from shy, nervous and withdrawn to overly bold, reactive, and kinda naughty. As soon as the doors of Wooftopia opened, I knew I wanted my two rescue dogs, Vito and Frankie, to attend Daycamp and training classes with Dez and her excellent staff. We are so pleased with with our experience, thus far. Wooftopia is welcoming, loving and supportive, focused on addressing our dog’s individual needs in a positive, spacious, proactive environment. In a relatively short period of time, we are seeing positive results. Our dogs love attending Day Camp at Wooftopia and we feel confident sending them there!! Congratulations to Desiree for creating a fantastic facility where all dogs are treated to the best possible care.